My upcoming KoTH, Fellowship, has a really large API.
Fundamentally, there are 5 classes the player needs to work with:
- Player is the class they need to implement (6 functions)
- ReadonlyCharacter is the class for each of the characters they control (25 functions)
- ReadonlyAbility is the class for abilities characters can have (4 functions)
- ReadonlyAction is the class for actions characters can have (7 functions)
- ReadonlyTeam/EnemyTeam are classes for the teams the characters are on. (4 functions)
Some of these are less important (teams and abilities), but if my post is going to be self-contained, I would theoretically need to describe all of the functions I've listed above.
I've got a couple of options here:
- Only describe the critical parts in my post. Answer any questions in comments/chat.
- Describe everything. This would lead to a post with lots of information unimportant to most readers (and a really long post)
- Something else?
What should I do in my situation?