Another meta post is talking about making changes to the popular but currently locked challenge Showcase of Languages in response to the debates that have been happening about it here and here and in chat.
These are my own, personal ideas; they are not fleshed out, and feedback, improvements, and additional ideas are welcome
So obviously more time is needed to finalize things in that answer, or to wait for other answers and ideas.
My question here is simply, should we unlock the Showcase immediately until the results of Making an exception for the "Showcase of Languages" are clear, i.e. until we decide precisely what to do with it?
This is a simpler question than "what should we do with the Showcase". All I'm asking here is:
Should the Showcase be unlocked immediately and put back to normal until we decide what to do with it, or
Should it be kept locked until we decide what to do with it.
No other options.
The Showcase was locked in direct denial of what the community wanted in Proposal to lock the Language Showcase as historically significant. The top 4 answers there are against locking the showcase.
The Showcase was kept locked despite the popular answer to Should "Showcase your language one vote at a time" be unlocked and reopened? saying it should be unlocked.
The new meta post should be viewed as a new proposal about changing the Showcase. It is not our policy to lock or change challenges simply because a meta post about them exists. We wait until that meta post is finalized.