In Possibility of reopening a question it was even suggested that ttp://codegolf.stackexchange.com/questions/91332/the-longest-period-iterating-quine is a duplicate of that post .
And in other questions like Busy Brain Beaver reboot there are some twist like only using 1 language and raising the charterer limit 
I think either the busy-beaver tag should be removed or we should be a little less harsh on busy-beavers because it is in the nature of busy beavers that small changes make a big difference:
- A small change in the character limit can have big effects like forcing you to use a completely different strategy
- Forcing you to use an esoteric language (like brainfuck) can force you to really think about every detail you wouldn't think of other wise.
I meanly just wanted to bring this problem to your attention (and it got a bit rambly) and see what you think that should happen.
- While the longest quine is one of the most creative busy beavers I have seen
- I hope this one gets re-opened because I spend a day making an answer and now I can't post it but that should be discussed here : Should we open *Largest number printable* to all languages?
- I know limiting languages isn't suggested for other reasons but that's not the point of this discussion