For the Programming Puzzles & Code Golf site
For official guidance from Stack Exchange, visit the Help Center.
- Welcome to Code Golf and Coding Challenges Stack Exchange!
- How does this site work?
- Useful External Resources
- What details should always be given for a code golf task?
- What makes winning criteria "objective"?
- Template For Challenges
- Where should non-challenge questions go?
- How does the Sandbox work? How do I use it?
- Things to consider when creating a challenge
- Things to avoid when writing challenges
- Let's decide what kind of non-challenge questions we want once and for all
- Are two questions duplicates if they have different scoring rules?
- How long should I wait before accepting an answer?
- What are the winning criteria I can use for my challenge?
- Standard definitions of terms within specifications
- Loopholes that are forbidden by default
- How to count bytes FAQ
- Interpretation of Truthy/Falsey
- Definitive policy about answers not meeting the challenge specification
- Default for Code Golf: Input/Output methods
- Default for Code Golf: Program, Function or Snippet?
- New users' guides to golfing rules in specific languages
- Should submissions be allowed to exit with an error?
- General rules for custom languages and libraries
Interacting with the site
- What are our specific abbreviations and terms?
- Is it OK to promote my own posts in chat?
- How can I incorporate good-looking mathematical exposition into my question/answer?
Is your question not part of the FAQ?
First look at questions tagged faq-proposed to see if there is a question not in this index that might have the answer you seek. If you still can't find an answer, then see the following instructions for proposing an FAQ question.
How can a question be added to this FAQ?
Ask only the question, stated plainly and simply, in the question body. The answer goes in an answer.
Link back to this index. Paste this at the end of the question:
[Return to FAQ index](https://codegolf.meta.stackexchange.com/q/1280)
Flag for a moderator to mark community wiki. Any FAQ post not yet community wiki should be made into a community wiki.