I outlined a question in the Sandbox for a popularity-contest to create a user script that can migrate challenges to and from the Sandbox. I've since been informed by multiple people that the criteria I outlined were not feasible for a userscript.
One point of discussion from @FryAmTheEggman is that:
Automating this wouldn't really help at all, since the sandbox only does anything if the poster wants to use it.
Here are some reasons I think such a tool would be helpful:
- Most new users are unaware of the Sandbox, and they are (usually) the ones posting poorly written questions
- I think it will help us retain more new users, because the negative connotations of downvotes and closings are mitigated by constructive criticism on the Sandbox post
- I think that moving questions to and from the Sandbox is a somewhat tedious but mechanical problem, which means it is well-suited for being automated
- This also helps users on mobile devices, for whom it is even more difficult and tedious to copy and paste the raw Markdown and make all the edits and comments
So, here are my questions:
1. Do we want a Sandbox migration bot?
2. If we do, how should we go about creating it?
Specifically, should it be:
- A challenge like the one I have outlined,
- A community effort in some other form, or
- Something for someone to create on their own?