When I first joined around ~1.5 years ago there were ~10-20 new questions per day! Everyone had plenty of stuff to answer and there was plenty of variety... I think we need to bring back incentive to question writing because new users aren't doing it as often.
Some suggestions of how to implement QotW:
- Create a thread that is a sandbox of sorts for a "QotW (Question of the Week)".
- This thread will be a basic sandbox for people to submit questions.
- The questions submitted will be voted on, and at the end of Sunday (or any specified day) the highest voted question will be posted by a moderator.
- This question will also receive and immediate bounty (of whatever).
- Have a moderator choose a question from the current sandbox to post themselves (with permission from the original author).
- The author is awarded X reputation points for being chosen.
- The author is prominently mentioned in the QotW.
- Other ideas?
Let me know what you think... I really do think we need a reward for filling our sandbox. Our sandbox is overflowing, and a lot of that overflow will die.