Consider this: I have an idea for a challenge, such as "Find the optimal foos such that the bar is greatest." I also realize that I could alter it slightly and add a more interesting twist to it: "Create an animated GIF that shows the bar approaching the greatest value as the foos change."
I don't want to simply post the second challenge, because some people don't know how / want to make animated GIFs, and that would ruin the challenge and the fun and they wouldn't participate. But I also don't want to throw away the second idea entirely, because it adds an interesting touch.
How should I proceed in this situation?
- Post the first challenge, but subtract a fixed amount from the character count (for example) if one also completes the second challenge.
- Avoids near-duplicates so you can't copy most of the logic from challenge 1 and use it in challenge 2
- Post the first challenge, then post the second one a little while later as a "part 2," so to speak.
- No dilemmas about how to fairly calculate a bonus
- The first question is less complicated and beginners and less advanced users can attempt it, while people looking for an extra challenge can participate in the second one
- Something else.