In accordance with our meta agreement, since one candidate received more votes than the others, we have a new featured language! Throughout June 2021, our Language of the Month will be:
What's a Language of the Month?
See the meta post for nominations. In short, during June, those who wish to participate should learn (at least the basics of) Red, and use it to solve challenges. Participation is completely optional, but is anticipated to be fun!
Information about Red
- Red is a next-gen language, strongly inspired by Rebol. Its unique syntax allows function calls without parentheses, including a wide range of functions.
- Red is language-oriented and includes several DSLs, including a gui description language (VID and View), 2d drawing dialect (Draw) and a parsing dialect (Parse).
- Red is meant to be a full-stack language. This means it includes a high-level dialect (dynamic, interpreted, but can be also compiled) and Red/system, a low level dialect for perfomance when necessary (always compiled).
- Red emphasizes the paradigm "Code is data".
- Red doesn't have reserved words. Even conditionals and looping constructs are ("native" function) values provided by runtime, which can be assigned any names.
- Red has a rich set of built-in datatypes - over 50.
- Red home page
- github pages
- source code and other community resources
- gitter chat
- Code golf SE Chatroom