I'm asking this in a general sense, but here is the question where it arose:
I felt a bit uneasy rolling it back, but I thought it was the right thing to do. My question here is: Should we attempt to change tips into challenges?
There are clearly some cases where it could easily be done. This one for example could make a good, if simple, code golf. However, with all the recent talk about opening up to tips, I feel that it gives the impression that we don't want tips if we convert them.
For this challenge specifically, my reasoning went like this:
- We should keep the OP's intent intact unless it's off topic.
- The edit asked for extra code (to print/display the filled array) that wasn't in the original.
- A small bonus was included for this extra code.
- I already answered it as a tip, and the edit invalidated my answer (clearly I may be biased here).
- What was wrong with it being a tip?
Nevertheless, I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing. I completely agree that it could work well in either tag, so I'd like to ask for opinions from the community. If we reach a consensus about it (either way), that could help avoid back-and-forth editing situations like this in the future.