It may be just me, but it seems kind of bothersome that we have 500-odd undeleted answers in the Sandbox. Many of them have already been posted for real but not edited to reflect that. More (I think it's more) have been abandoned and are unlikely to ever be revived. (I've almost never seen an abandoned post taken over by someone else, or even the originator.)
Surely a Sandbox with only 10-20 undeleted, or at least clearly active answers at any one time would be much easier for everyone to use.
What do you think? What should we do about it? (Apologies if this topic has been broached and decided before.)
Vote for these possibilities in the answers to this question, or add your own. Please only up-vote one.
- Do nothing. This is not an issue.
- Delete as much as possible - including all posted challenges and anything clearly abandoned.
- Edit posted with consistent links, keep abandoned for potential future use.
- Edit posted with consistent links, delete abandoned.
- Delete posted challenges, keep abandoned.
The Sandbox Submission Directory has similar problems sometimes. But luckily we have people like professorfish who deal with that. :)