Every year, during December, our cousin site, Advent of Code goes live, hosting a coding challenge every day from the 1st of December to the 24th of December. There have been various attempts for members of this site to do a similar thing, but it almost always results in a single user trying to post a challenge a day for 24 days, which usually fails partway through the month. Even normally, this is difficult (unless you're Bubbler), but this is made even harder by trying to make them Christmas themed.
Last year, I had an idea:
Ooh, here's an idea: find 25 challenges in the Sandbox that have been abandoned, touch them up to site quality and use them
At the time, I abandoned the idea because (in October) "it might be a bit difficult to do in a month", a valid concern.
However, the idea of a CGCC "Advent of Code" event has stuck in my mind since, and I'm opening the floor to feedback and suggestions. Namely, would people be interested in:
- Some kind of Christmas coding event, likely one challenge a day over most of the month of December?
- Competing in such an event, either "part-time" or "full-time"?
- Contributing challenges to the event, either one-off or regularly?
- Revamping abandoned Sandbox challenges as part of this event?
- Some other ideas for such an event?
Feel free to leave suggestions in the answers below.