In accordance with our meta agreement, since one candidate received more votes than the others, we have a new featured language! Throughout January 2022, our Language of the Month will be:
What's a Language of the Month?
See the meta post for nominations. In short, during January, those who wish to participate should learn (at least the basics of) Add++, and use it to solve challenges. Participation is completely optional, but is anticipated to be fun!
Information about Add++
Add++ is a language that combines both short commands and other golfing features with general usability and practical language features. For example, I've written a programming language in Add++, and most solutions in Add++ are easy to understand for users of both practical and golfing languages. For example, it's ease at switching between functional and vanilla mode allows it to create competitive hybrid programs.
- There aren't many languages like it. In my experience on the site, I don't recall seeing any languages with a similar model to Add++
- It is widely usable. I would describe Add++ as a practical language with one- or two-byte commands, so it's easily accessible to all golfers
- It's somewhat used across the site. Primarily by me, but there are multiple answers by other users, and we already have a chatroom
- Due to its wide range of builtins, it is very powerful, and so can complete most challenges competitively with other golfing languages.
- Closer to Pyth and CJam rather than Jelly and 05AB1E however
- It has version tracking, and each version can be run via command-line flags
- Its docs are fairly comprehensive, thanks to Razetime
The docs do not contain a comprehensive list of commands, and it is somewhat strict in its syntax, which can lead to a lot of errors. Furthermore, Add++ still has some bugs in the code, along with some confusing behaviours.
I'm currently writing the latest version (v6) in order to someone mitigate the biggest problems I have with Add++, but this is, at time of writing, unreleased.
- Github repo
- Tips page
- Chatroom. Feel free to ping me (
@cairdcoinheringaahing) if you have any questions, I'll respond when I can.
I'll be offering a +50 rep bounty to any user's second Add++ answer. The first answer can be posted during or before this month, but the second must be posted during January 2022. In addition, I'm offering +300 to any user's tenth Add++ answer posted during Add++'s LOTM.
Additionally, as the "relevant challenges" portion of LOTM doesn't really get much attention, I'm offering a +500 bounty to any user who posts an Add++ themed challenge that goes on to score 10 or more