Following last year's event, we're doing
Advent of Code Golf Code Golf Advent Calendar 20221! On each day between Dec 1st and Dec 25th (inclusive), a new challenge will be posted at UTC midnight2. It is a free-for-all and just-have-fun-by-participation event, no leaderboards and no prizes for solving them fast or solving them in the shortest code.
For this event to run successfully, we need 25 different challenges prepared before December.
If you want to write a challenge for this event, please post it as an answer to this post. All 25 challenges are ready, and no more challenges are being accepted. This post will also act as a sandbox dedicated to the event.
Also unlike last year, the challenge writer will get to post the challenge they write. When you post a challenge, please attach the preferred date(s) you want to post it on. For reference, Dec 1st is Thursday, and Christmas is Sunday.
December 2022 Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
You may also post "sandbox gems" (old abandoned sandbox posts) as event challenges, but please follow the process for ownership transfer:
- If a challenge proposal was not edited or commented on for a month, you can leave a comment that you would like take over the challenge, get it ready for main and post it.
- If the OP does not reply within two weeks, telling you that they still intend to post the challenge themselves, you are free to proceed with the challenge as you see fit.
You're free to discuss about this event in the dedicated chat room too.
Notice for challenge writers. When posting your challenge to main, please follow the rules below:
- The title should be in the form of
CGAC2022 Day X: <challenge title>
- The body should start with a notice about this event:
Part of [**Code Golf Advent Calendar 2022**](https://codegolf.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/25251/announcing-code-golf-advent-calendar-2022-event-challenge-sandbox) event. See the linked meta post for details. --- <challenge body>
1 Following Eric Wastl's request to change the event's name to not contain "Advent of Code", we decided the new name in this meta post.
2 Each individual challenge may be posted a few hours late if UTC midnight doesn't fit with the challenge writer's schedule.
- CGAC2022 Day 1: Let's build a chocolate pyramid!
- CGAC2022 Day 2: Self-trapping Elf
- CGAC2022 Day 3: \$n\$-dimensional Chocolate Pyramid
- CGAC2022 Day 4: Can Santa fit down the chimney?
- CGAC2022 Day 5: Preparing an advent calendar
- CGAC2022 Day 6: Shuffles with specific "magic number"
- CGAC2022 Day 7: Fen The Wicked
- CGAC2022 Day 8: Fen The Wicked, Part 2
- CGAC2022 Day 9: Playing with bits
- CGAC2022 Day 10: Help Santa sort presents!
- CGAC2022 Day 11: Reduce, Reuse, Regift
- CGAC2022 Day 12: Santa's gift and the laser lock
- CGAC2022 Day 13: Santa's gift and the laser lock, Part 2
- CGAC2022 Day 14: Chimney cleaning
- CGAC2022 Day 15: Chimney cleaning, Part 2
- CGAC2022 Day 16: Playing with bits, Part 2
- CGAC2022 Day 17: Present Heap
- CGAC2022 Day 18: Light all of the candles
- CGAC2022 Day 19: I Made It Out Of Clay
- CGAC2022 Day 20: Reconstruct Santa's Book
- CGAC2022 Day 21: Present stack headache
- CGAC2022 Day 22: Present stack headache, Part 2
- CGAC2022 Day 23: North Pole Railroads
- CGAC2022 Day 24: North Pole Railroads, Part 2