In accordance with our meta agreement, since one candidate received more votes than the others, we have a new featured language! Throughout December 2022, our Language of the Month will be:
What's a Language of the Month?
See the meta post for nominations. In short, during December, those who wish to participate should learn (at least the basics of) Pip, and use it to solve challenges. Participation is completely optional, but is anticipated to be fun!
Information about Pip
Pip is an interpreted, imperative code-golf language created by @DLosc.
Pip's more "traditional" style of programming, combined with a number of uncommon builtin features, makes it very interesting to program in.
- Pip is very strong with regex. It has operations that allow combination of strings and regexes, and has special regex match variables.
- Pip's bugs make it a hilariously golfy language (and what is code golf, if not funny?).
- Operator precedence and input format optimization are very important in Pip, which is a mini challenge in itself.
- Tutorial (in progress)
- Tips page
@DLosc and @Razetime are usually available in The Nineteenth Byte to answer any Pip questions. (Feel free to ping either of us.)
I, Steffan, will offer:
- +100 bounty to every user's 1st Pip answer in December
- +250 bounty to every user's 5th Pip answer in December
If I forget to offer a bounty, feel free to ping me in chat.