This isn't to call anyone out or criticise the actions of anyone. This is to get a clear understanding of general guidelines of mass edits.
Every now and again, links to online interpreters will change, answer headers will become outdated, tags will need removal from questions, and other circumstances will occur that impact the contents of a non-trivial amount of posts. There's nothing wrong with this - things change and are modified over time.
Given that a whole bunch of edits at once floods the home page, how should events that require mass edits be handled?
- When should it be appropriate to have a mass edit event? (Assuming it doesn't result in edits that go against what has been decided isn't allowed as edits)
- Should mass edit events be allowed without prior notice?
- If no to the above, how should notice be given?
- Should mass edit events be split into batches?
- If yes to the above, how long between batches?
- Should mass edit events be coordinated or should they happen whenever appropriate?
Answer as many or as few of those questions as you like, or even bring up something else related to how mass edits should be handled.