I'm trying to solicit ideas on a couple of items where I think a FAQ update is appropriate:
- Amend FAQ to state that language-agnostic is the default
- Is using external decompression legitimate golfing
My personal opinion is that the first one should be implemented, and for the second one, we should disallow
eval and external program execution by default. This is where I'm seeking opinions the most:
- Is it watertight enough to discourage compression-based solutions?
- Would it make things unnecessarily difficult, especially for languages like GolfScript where a lot of its mechanics are very
- Disabling external program execution basically disallows shell-based solutions. Are we okay with this?