I like to encourage people, to remove the number of characters from answers, given for questions, which are not code golf.
Here is a recent question which isn't a codegolf, which has 8 answers after 22 hours. 7 of them are decorated with the number of characters in the headline in bold, as if the people, giving the answer, didn't realize, that it isn't a CG. Here is another example - 8 of 12 answers contain the number of chars in a big, bold fashion in the headline.
- Users will misinterpret these questions, and vote on these numbers
- Users will mistakenly think it is a CG, and come up with golfed answers themselves or leave the question
- Users will think this is normal behaviour and start their questions without winning criterion too.
Everybody noticing such a situation should be officially encouraged by voting in this thread to remove these big, bold values from the headline.
- Commenting the answers and hoping the best. I tried this before with questionable success. People did not remove the numbers, and I don't know how many realised, that they have to adjust their voting, in case they voted on these numbers. I guess later votes happened mostly after reading the comments, so with this aspect in mind.
- Better preparation of questions. Questions which aren't codegolf should carry an emphasized hint. Said question is very vague about the winning criteria (efficient code). Since newcomers don't prepare their questions well, this will not work too. :)
- Up to you.