I mentioned this in chat a bit ago, and got somewhat varied feedback. I thought I'd go ahead and ask a meta question to gauge the community's overall thoughts. As a few people have noted, our questions per day stat has dropped rather dramatically over the past few weeks. How do we feel about a weekly community competition to write challenges? Since most challenges are posted shortly after the weekend anyway, we could tally votes for every challenge every Sunday (or something) and reward the best poster with bounties of some kind. That way, we could encourage more good questions, right?
- With some incentive to write high-quality questions, we'll get more interesting challenges and draw more traffic to our community.
- More people will write challenges, so we may get more diverse challenges as a byproduct of this.
- How are the best challenges rewarded?
- How and when are votes tallied?
- How would we organize such a competition and keep it alive?
If you think a weekly challenge-writing competition would be beneficial, answer with suggestions for how we could accomplish such a thing!
If you think a weekly challenge-writing competition would be a massive waste of time and effort, answer with your reasoning!