Many answers get invalidated by an edited question.
One of the reasons might be that I look for loopholes and exploit them.
- Shortest program whose concatenated program+output is a permutation of the 95 printable ASCII characters (invalidating edit)
- Implement division using only addition (invalidating edit)
- Implement division using only addition (deleted - invalidating edit)
- Unholy Grail Layout (Reverse Holy Grail Layout) (invalidating edit)
- Delete those pesky ".DS_Store" files (invalidating edit)
- Calculate the factorial of a number without using recursion or loops (invalidating edit)
Currently I just leave my answer alone, because they were once valid.
But I don't think this is the best solution. So what to do then?
- Delete your own answer if it was invalidated?
- Vote to delete other answers that were invalidated too?
Edit your answer so it matches the new requirements?
This is often not possible, e.g. for the Delete those pesky ".DS_Store" files question it would create a completly different answer.
- Roll the invalidating edit back?
- Close the original question and ask the OP to post a new one?
- Downvote the question?
- Leave your answer alone?