We have a tag: word
I see no value in this tag. Here's from the wiki:
Use this tag for:
- Challenges involving generating words
- Challenges involving using words
- Challenges involving manipulating words
Or other cases where words are a large part of the challenge.
Do not use this tag for:
- Challenges based on printing a predefined string, e.g. "Hello, World!" challenges.
- Challenges where the input or output are words, but it doesn't add much to the challenge.
I think this tag is extremely broad, and not helpful at all. Can you be an expert in words? Sure, you can, but not in the context of a programming
Q&A site challenge site.
This is pretty much a subtag of string, seeing as how challenges involving words are usually challenges about strings that just so happen to also be words.
However, specific tagging is never a bad thing, and most of the word challenges have one thing in common. They're about language processing. For example:
The natural-language tag is for
Problems involving processing of natural languages in a human way. Task such as interpreting free text, correcting spell or grammar, understanding pronunciation etc.
Most of these word challenges are also about processing natural languages in a human way. The few that aren't are just adding extra noise.