We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:
#1) Respect the privacy of others. #2) Think before you type. #3) With great power comes great responsibility.
Code-golf is great fun and sometimes an almost irresistible challenge. I love seeing the insanely golfed entries in the specialised golfing languages, but personally I like to crunch through these challenges with mainstream languages, perhaps finding odd, unusual or (if I'm feeling grandiose) innovative ways of doing things.
###Useful links (not mine):
For my first few months on the SE network I was AtomicToothbrush. That was kind of meaningless. I soon changed that to DigitalTrauma. I like the double meaning.
- First auto-generated avatar:
- The unicoin theme for April 1st 2014 was fun, so I used a screengrab of that for a few days:
- Then I hit upon this one which should be instantly recognisable to anyone who has spent more than a couple of minutes participating on any SE site. It has a certain positivity to it:
- Early 2017 and time for a new avatar!
My first challenge posed this year is Draw Reutersvärd's Triangle. So here is one:
- Code Golf 68.6k 68.6k 88 gold badges100100 silver badges247247 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 14.1k 14.1k 22 gold badges4141 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 7.8k 7.8k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 2.3k 2.3k 1313 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 484 Build a Compiler Bomb
- 130 π Day puzzle for 3/14
- 123 Is there a unix command that gives the minimum/maximum of two numbers?
- 107 shell script. how to extract string using regular expressions
- 102 Mandelbrot image in every language
- 99 Code that will only execute once
- 95 How even is a number?
- View more network posts →