We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:
#1) Respect the privacy of others. #2) Think before you type. #3) With great power comes great responsibility.
Code-golf is great fun and sometimes an almost irresistible challenge. I love seeing the insanely golfed entries in the specialised golfing languages, but personally I like to crunch through these challenges with mainstream languages, perhaps finding odd, unusual or (if I'm feeling grandiose) innovative ways of doing things.
Useful links (not mine):
For my first few months on the SE network I was AtomicToothbrush. That was kind of meaningless. I soon changed that to DigitalTrauma. I like the double meaning.
- First auto-generated avatar:
- The unicoin theme for April 1st 2014 was fun, so I used a screengrab of that for a few days:
- Then I hit upon this one which should be instantly recognisable to anyone who has spent more than a couple of minutes participating on any SE site. It has a certain positivity to it:
- Early 2017 and time for a new avatar!
My first challenge posed this year is Draw Reutersvärd's Triangle. So here is one:
Island of misfit toys
Member for 5 years, 9 months
115 profile views
Last seen Sep 6 at 17:47
- Code Golf 60.5k 60.5k 77 gold badges9292 silver badges227227 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 12k 12k 11 gold badge3535 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 6.4k 6.4k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 2.1k 2.1k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 438 Build a Compiler Bomb
- 128 π Day puzzle for 3/14
- 95 How even is a number?
- 93 Code that will only execute once
- 90 shell script. how to extract string using regular expressions
- 89 Mandelbrot image in every language
- 85 Debunking Stroustrup's debunking of the myth “C++ is for large, complicated, programs only”
- View more network posts →