GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 4 years, 11 months
8 profile views
Last seen May 3 at 6:23
- Stack Overflow 149.2k 149.2k 2121 gold badges237237 silver badges383383 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 4.6k 4.6k 1515 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Super User 2.9k 2.9k 1616 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Code Golf 2.4k 2.4k 1111 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.2k 2.2k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1829 C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture faster than hand-written assembly - why?
- 396 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 271 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 192 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 181 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 121 Why does this delay-loop start to run faster after several iterations with no sleep?
- 94 Why does my browser think that https://126.96.36.199 is secure?
- View more network posts →