Greetings! My name is Thaddeus and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I consider myself a devout Christian, and have accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and savior. If you wish to speak to me privately, I am happy to do so. My email is email@example.com. I have recently started a YouTube channel focusing on Christian apologetics and exegesis. You can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmA7nddkKDmiWwfsnNgUYzg
In regards to what I believe, I do not adhere to set of doctrines except the basic tenants of the faith, or what C.S. Lewis calls "mere Christianity". As Paul says, "circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing" (I Corinthians 7:19). If one believer feels more comfortable in a church that practices infant baptism (to pick a random example) and another feels more comfortable in a church that does not, that is perfectly fine. Neither believer should in any way consider to other inferior, or worse, not a "real" Christian.
Jesus spent a lot of time with the sinners and the lowly members of society. While, he certainly did not condone sin, he invariably reserved this harshest words for the religious folks as his days. Those who were most righteous in the eyes of man, were the least righteous in the eyes of Jesus because they did not understand God at all. God is not a set of rules, God is love.
This is not to say that questions about how to live a Christian life are unimportant. Of course they are important. But, we must not let these questions interfere with the unity of the Church (big C, the fellowship of all believers). The job of the church (little c, the congregation we attend), is to equip the believer to answer such questions in his or her own heart. It is not the job of the church to tell you what to believe. In-fighting does far more damage to Christianity than any form of secularism ever can.
I hope this adequately explains what I believe. I am always happy to supply seekers of religious knowledge with information with which to draw their own doctrinal decisions.
Member for 5 years
1 profile view
Last seen Oct 8 '15 at 1:31
- Christianity 7.4k 7.4k 44 gold badges3636 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 3.9k 3.9k 33 gold badges1717 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Area 51 985 985 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- History 842 842 11 gold badge77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 427 427 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 51 Could women be crucified under Roman law?
- 25 What explanations have been offered for the "messianic secret" passages?
- 24 Is Xmas a secular name for Christmas?
- 23 Is there evidence that Isaiah 53 was viewed as a Messianic prophecy within Judaism, or is it an exclusively Christian interpretation?
- 22 In Psalm 22:21 is the Bible speaking of "unicorns"?
- 18 What documentary evidence is there that Roman crucifixion victims were completely nude?
- 18 Could Philippians 4:3 refer to Paul's wife?
- View more network posts →