Qantas 94 Heavy
Right now, I'm lost for suggestions for a new project to get started on - if you could shoot me an email with some ideas about things that you'd like to see developed, that would be great!
If you're a newbie who'd like a guide around Stack Overflow, or you'd just like to contact me, please send me an email: qantas94heavy [at] gmail.com
I'm a self-taught programmer (dabbled a bit around 12, but didn't really get started until two years later) that just wants to get to know more about web development and computers in general - love learning, hate school. It's great learning something new on Stack Overflow and other Stack Exchange sites every day.
Currently I'm proficient in the following languages:
I find PHP rather horrid -- it's just too big of a mess to deal with and I abhor the giant blob of functions. I wouldn't even recommend it for a newbie - not only is it rather dissimilar to other languages, you have to spend half your time reading the PHP manual to figure out what a method does, which cuts down on productivity and learning significantly.
Having said that, some of the languages I'm learning now or considering to in the future are:
- (and if this doesn't take a decade) Haskell
I've moved to HK just recently, originally from Sydney, Australia.
- Top 13 on Stack Overflow Reputation of Young Users
Member for 7 years
0 profile views
Last seen Nov 21 '14 at 8:55
- Stack Overflow 14.3k 14.3k 1515 gold badges5959 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- Aviation 10.3k 10.3k 66 gold badges6060 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4.3k 4.3k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Area 51 221 221 11 gold badge55 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 208 208 11 gold badge33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 165 How does Bluebird's util.toFastProperties function make an object's properties "fast"?
- 140 What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- 99 How to detect element being added/removed from dom element?
- 55 Indirect eval call in strict mode
- 41 Why is -1 > null true in php
- 40 I just saw a plane drop off online radar; should I do anything about it?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jun 17 '13