I am currently a professor of Statistics at Université Paris Dauphine, Paris, France, since 2000, and at University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom, since 2013, specialised in Bayesian statistics, numerical probability applied to simulation methods, and statistical inference with an interest mostly in genetics and astronomy applications, plus, on the unacademic side, a definitely unhealthy (but so far not fatal) fascination for mountains and (easy) climbing, an almost-sure daily run, and a reading list mainly centred at fantasy books… Plus in taking pictures of about anything appealing to be taken. Hence the categories on a blog I maintain since 2008...
Member for 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 27 at 9:05
Top network posts
- 92 What is an "uninformative prior"? Can we ever have one with truly no information?
- 49 Finding a way to simulate random numbers for this distribution
- 47 What is the difference between Metropolis Hastings, Gibbs, Importance, and Rejection sampling?
- 45 Generating random numbers manually
- 43 Bayesians: slaves of the likelihood function?
- 36 Differences between Bhattacharyya distance and KL divergence
- 33 Why does the Cauchy distribution have no mean?
- View more network posts →