I'm not very clever, but I'm eager to answer. I try to post an answer to every challenge that I can answer.
Λ̸̸ is for new. Pretend I'm a new user. :)
My pronouns: They/Their/Theirs
Preferred practical languages
You might be surprised that I don't really like writing in Python.
- Erlang, a fast & simple functional language that doesn't have a package as large as 1GB. Functional languages are always very concise. Even Erlang isn't an exception with its verbose syntax.
- io, a fast language with a very clean syntax (I use it to draft my ideas). It also has lots of useful built-ins, so if you won't use Mathematica, Io is the language for you!
Analysis of the languages I like/hope to code in
When I get enough rep, I plan to create an unbounded bounty analogous to the APL bounty. Of course, I'm trying to pick the golfiest unpopular practical language.
Language | ELO Score | # of Answers APL | 1292 | 3390 REBOL | 1010 | 199 Forth | 876 | 498 Tcl | 843.5 | 665 Erlang | 768 | 110 Factor | 747 | 1692 Prolog | 699 | 399
Some esoteric languages I'm using
- 05AB1E, a stack language with very powerful generalized built-ins that allow you to build any program in a small amount of bytes. It's also outstandingly easy to pick up, learn and use.
- Husk, the most advanced golfing language so far. It has powerful support for lazy evaluation, and a lot of revolutionary looping structures that make writing programs a lot easier.
Also Jelly, Pyth, GolfScript, CJam, Keg (sometimes). Yep, all of them are golfing languages.
Languages I'm making/made
- tq, which allows you to index your lists during definition.
- W, a stack-based language that does not involve the concept of modifyable accumulators.
- NST, a lazy-evaluated language inspired by the Naive Set Theory.
Challenges I like
Evidently I've already answered all of my favorite challenges.
- Count of "a"s and "b"s must be equal. Did you get it computer?
- (RGS 1/5) Binary multiples
- How far should I sum?
- Find a Similar Number
- Compactify the input
- Are you ready to meet the Elite-Four?
- How many fingers does bad pianist need?
Member for 3 months
91 profile views
Last seen 1 hour ago